Saturday, March 21, 2020

josh wrote this April 2016

My home is very welcoming and snug. I have a dog, Finchley, who is really friendly.  She greets everyone when we come home and we all love her.  In my family it’s my mom and dad, an older brother and an older sister.  We have fun together, love sports, are caring and benevolent. I think my room is good sized and cool. We have a family space where we can chill out and a room where we all sit down for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My school in Minnesota was Creek Valley, and now I'm homeschooled. I will tell you about them both.  Creek Valley was a really friendly school.The schedule was morning work, then physical education, art or music, then math, lunch/recess, Independent language arts, social studies, read aloud, break, read alone time, and then we are done! We have band once a week. My teacher was Mr Wuest.  He was super nice and kind to us. Whenever we had a test he gave us a  brain vitamin a.k.a  a Jolly Rancher. My best friends were Torin, Fletcher, Sammy, Adam, Alex, Riley G, Riley E, and Jimmy. I miss it so much. I had 45 minutes to 30 minutes of homework each day. Home schooling is way different to me because  I have a different schedule, no friends to talk to, but I have my adorable do. My mom is the the teacher and I have lunch at home every day!!

My best - loved part of school is walking thru the doors of my class and seeing my friends and  my awesome teachers.

My number one subjects are math, reading and history. I like math because I work well with numbers and I have success with it. In history class I like to learn about ancient and medieval history and to learn about wars. Reading is really fun because I love to hear stories and I read a wide variety of books. My after school programs are football, swimming, and saxophone.

If someone was new to my school I would say everyone is really friendly, if you have questions just ask.  You need to know your classroom, cafeteria, gym, office, and bathrooms.  The new students must work hard, and do your best, and there will be 30 to 45 minutes of homework.

My friends say I'm funny, hard working, a good student, and a good listener. 

My friends Jimmy, Torin and Hope push the class to do their best, and I wish I would do that more. Torin is a great basketball player and disciplined, and I wish I could be more disciplined  with my training.

To be internationally-minded means to think internationally, not just think of yourself and where you are, but to be globally minded, concerned for the whole world.
I think I am internationally minded because I like to meet people from all around the world because they all have different accents and personalities and different food. I love to travel and experience different sorts of cultures. I  have lived in the UK and America.

I went to visit your school, heard the presentation, and our guide was Kit. I learned that there are eight different subjects.  And the grades are on different aspects like presentation and communication not just a test.

 In my spare time I play football, swim, do art, read, FaceTime with friends, be with my dog, cook a little bit, and go outside as much as I can.

I have visited Florida, Tenerife, Egypt, Morocco, France, Belgium, Cyprus, Turkey, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland, and Amsterdam. I would like to visit Scotland, California, Iceland and Hawaii.

I recently laughed at myself on home videos when I was 5.  It was my birthday and I was opening presents and I got all excited with my little toddler voice.

Last night I came home and my dog got all excited and came running to me.  She always makes me happy.

Good teachers, work that is at the right level and is engaging, nice lunch and recess or breaks, classmates who are good listeners and respectful.

My hopes and dreams are to be a good business man someday or maybe in my dreams a professional football player!  Also that there would be no more violence or terrorism in the world.

I have a variety of interests including football, swimming, saxophone, electric guitar, cooking, reading, Clash of Clans, art, dogs, and just spending time with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment